Pages

Happy Birthday Jackson!!

May 13, 2009 I had a very much needed hair appointment scheduled for 10:30 am at a new salon I was very excited to try out (Let's be honest - look at my hair in the pictures below. Yikes!). I had put off getting my hair cut thinking I would try to make my appointment close to my due date, June 4th, but also early enough that if the baby came early the hair appointment would already be done.

May 13, 2009 Jackson Dipal Chaudhari was born at 10:22 am (3 weeks and 1 day early).


Jackson Dipal Chaudhari
6 lb.s, 14 oz.
19.5 in.

Last Thursday, we celebrated one year of having little Jackson in our lives. I can't believe my little baby is already a year old!! It makes me smile just thinking about those hours before he was born...

May 12 was a really tiring day for me. Every moment I could lay down I would. The house was a mess, but I told myself it would be ok, because as soon as nesting kicked in I would whip that place into shape. The thought that Jackson would come early wasn't a reality to me. Because I had been lying down a lot of the day, I stayed up a little later than usual that night. I stayed up and watched The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in the living room until I started feeling a little tired and waddled myself up our stairs during a commercial break. I got in bed, turned the tv on in our room so that I could watch the Jay walking part of the show which always makes me laugh. Then, the feeling hit (Details censored for our male audience) - I was having a baby! I woke Dipal, threw a bunch of stuff in a bag to take to the hospital (No, I hadn't even packed a bag for the hospital yet) and off we were!

Somewhere around 11 hours, an epidural, and some popsicles later Baby Jackson was here and life has been even fuller than ever!
Jayden and Jackson meeting for the first time.

To celebrate Jackson's big day we got up early for a day all about him in St. Louis. We started with a trip to the doctor for Jackson's 1 year check-up. The appointment, as usual, started with a height and weight check. Jackson weighed in at 19 pounds (5th percentile) and 29 1/4 in. (35 percentile).

Just for fun, here are Jackson's stats from his appointments so you can see how he's grown throughout the year:
Birth - 6 lb.s, 14 oz. and 19.5 inches long
1 Month - 21.5 inches (50th percentile) and 9 lb.s, 7 oz.(50th percentile)
2 Months - 23 1/4 inches (70th %) and 11 lb.s, 12 oz. (50th %)
4 Months - 25 1/4 in. (70 %) and 13 lb.s (35%)
7.5 Months - 27 in. (50%) and 15 lb.s, 14 oz. (10%)
First Birthday (12 Months) - 29 1/4 in. (35%) and 19 lb.s (5%).

Breaking it down, Jackson has grown almost 10 inches and gained about 12 pounds in his first year!

After our doctor's visit we visited the Hairy Elephant for Jackson's very first haircut. I don't know that he really needed it, but we thought we would take advantage of the time in St. Louis to do it. In true Jackson fashion, he was a complete squirmy worm, but the haircut looks so cute. :)

Before





After with Mommy


After with Daddy

Finally, we ended our celebration with Jackson's very first St. Louis Cardinals game! Unfortunately, we lost the game, but we did get to see Albert Pujols score which is always fun, and we appropriately bought Jackson a Pujols shirt as a gift to remember the game. We'll be having the actual birthday party this weekend with our family in Tennessee, so I'll be sure to post pictures and hopefully, even video from the party (Do I sense a future Friday's Flick?).

At the game with my big 1 year old! :)


Our family May 2010

Our first family picture of the 4 of us, May 2009

To end our birthday post, I'll share a few of our favorite pictures from over the last 12 months of little Jackson.

First photo shoot with Jayden, 1 Week Old

Cuddling before Night-Night (No, they didn't sleep together).  Look at the size difference!

First trip to the pool, 1 Month

Jayden loves his little brother, 2 Months

Smiles, 2 Months

First Indian Wedding, 2.5 Months

Laughing with PawPaw, 3 Months

Decked out in orange, 4 Months

A trooper while moving, 5 Months

First meal in the high chair, 6 Months

First Thanksgiving, 6.5 Months

First Santa Encounter, 7 Months


First Christmas, 7.5 Months

                                          
New Year's Baby, 7.5 Months

                             
First time I walked into his room to see him standing in his crib, 8 months

                                          
Tucked in Daddy's coat, almost 10 months

                                           
Easter 2010, Almost 11 Months

                            
12 Months

More updates from our week of birthday bashes soon, but until then... Chaudhari love to you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Nana and Grandad say thanks for the pics. Sorry it isn't possible for us to participate this coming weekend at Jackson's B'day cele-bration. Look forward to seeing some of the pics. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails