Pages

Let's Do This Thing!

This time I'm ready.  This time we're doing this thing - like for real... no turning back.

I started my hobby of blog writing back in 2008.  It started as a way to keep out of town family and friends updated with stories and pictures of our little one, and then I realized how much I enjoyed it and felt like there was a higher purpose for what I was doing.  That "I think I'm being called to do this" feeling was confirmed when my husband and I sat with friends at dinner who told me I really needed to share our story with others, and even more confirmed when we randomly would run into a complete stranger who had a similar story as me and I felt I was able to offer encouragement to her situation. So, I started a blog called Unwritten Young Mom as a way to share with other young moms about the emotions of motherhood or just growing up in general.

The busyness of being a stay-at-home mom and adding a new little one to our family made it hard to stay consistent with my writing and I eventually just kinda gave up without ever getting to the heart of why I wanted to do the blog in the first place.  It was hard enough to keep up with our family blog, much less try to stay consistent with a second blog.  But the desire of pursuing that blog has never left, and here we are today - almost a full 2 years later.  In hindsight, I had a feeling it would take time for this blog to really evolve, so I'm not surprised it's just now taking off.

While it probably seems so clear now, one of the biggest reasons I kept putting off blog writing was because I felt like I didn't know exactly what I was suppose to say.  I felt like my story wasn't perfect enough that people would want to read anything I had to say, or that maybe some might think I'm too young to be trying to help others - like I still had a lot to learn. (And I do, but don't we all?)

I feel like this blog is something I need to be doing - for myself as well as others who might have had experiences like mine.  Even if the experiences were very different, I'm starting to understand we all have times where life is scary and we don't know what's going to happen.  All we know is we have to keep going.  I have a very strong desire to make this blog a priority, but I just keep doubting myself on exactly what I should be writing.  So, I'm just going to write my heart.  It might not always be perfect, but it will always be genuine.  My hope is that my writing not only helps me think through my everyday feelings, but that it also helps those of you who might stumble across this blog... as a laugh, as encouragement, as comfort.  I'm going to be painfully honest, so that others out there who have a story like mine can find encouragement and know they're not alone. 

My life has been nothing like I ever would have expected. (Is anyone's?)  Like many others, I've had plenty of occasions where giving up hope seemed like an option, but fortunately, it's never seemed like a valid option.  Through every day there always seemed to be a glimmer of hope shining, sometimes in the distance, but always there.

But, Hope is my middle name.  No, really, Hope is my real middle name, and I'm not sure that my parents planned it this way, but I've always felt like it's a constant reminder that I have hope in my life and not to give it up.

Like me, you too have your own daily grind you're going through, so here at Hope in the Daily Grind I'll be sharing stories, laughter and thoughts to help you keep going through your day.  I'm going to start by making it a priority to get my own personal story posted very soon, but until then...

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." ~ Romans 15:13

"... but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." ~ Romans 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails