Pages

It May or May Not Be Monday...

Hello, hello, and happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend and a chance to do something fun and relaxing.  My two little ones and I went to visit my family in Nashville, TN to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday!  He is a very special man and I am so glad we were able to be with him to celebrate.


My husband wasn't able to be there with us as he had a previously planned trip with others from work, so I did have some stressful moments of being on my own with the kiddos from the time they woke up (an early 6 am every morning) until the time they went to sleep (around 8 or 8:30 pm).  I had help from my dad and stepmom who allowed me to step away from the kids to get a shower in, or help one child who might need extra love in a moment of waking up from a bad dream in fear, and for that, my friends, I am thankful.

But as I looked at the calendar of the coming week, I realized something.  Hubby has some long days planned this week, which means longer hours of being home with the kids on my own.

With this in my mind I decided I had to start doing something to kickstart my day on a positive note, and this is what my husband walked in on me doing this morning...


Yes, I may or may not be standing on our bathroom counter giving myself a pep talk, but after seeing a friend post this video on Facebook, I couldn't help but try it for myself.



And, this may or may not be my new morning routine.  Well, at least maybe without the standing on the counter part.

And this may or may not have been a joke... :)

In all seriousness, I've been trying to come up with a good morning routine for a while.  The problem is, you have to get out of bed to follow through with that routine, and I don't tend to wake up until my boys wake up.  I'm the kind of girl who likes to soak up every sweet minute of sleep possible.  Of course, if I don't wake up until the boys wake up, that means I immediately wake up and have to go, go, go.  I don't get to stop and take the time to exercise, read my Bible, have prayer, and yes, showers too must wait until a later time in the day.  This leaves me feeling like I'm dragging.

So, help me out blogland!

What do you do to get your morning started on the right foot?  What time do you wake up?  Do you try to have time to yourself before anyone else in the house is awake?

Do you follow what Flylady suggests of getting up, making your bed, showering, cleaning your bathroom, "fixing" your hair and face, "swishing" the toilet, and taking a load of laundry to be started?  She also suggests you get dressed to shoes, even if you're not going anywhere. (That one really irks me.)

What advice can you share?

*I'm thinking about starting a new post series called "May or May Not Be Mondays" as a fun way to start off our week.  Keep an eye out for that in the future! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, some of FlyLady's suggestions are freaking ridiculous. But, I do follow one piece of her advice: Choosing my outfit - down to underwear and shoes - the night before, AFTER I put Baby Girl to bed. I just tend to make poor ensemble choices when I'm rushed, so it's nice to take my time picking out something cute to wear. Each morning, the second I hear her starting to rustle around in her crib, I throw on my clothes and put my hair in a ponytail. That way, I'm pretty much put together enough to walk out the door - all before even picking her up out of her crib. Saves probably 15 minutes a day; SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Ashley! I guess part of the key to a successful morning would be to do some planning the night before - makes total sense! As overwhelming as I think some of the Flylady morning routine suggestions are, I do like the idea of some of her before bed routine (http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Routines.asp#bed), such as picking up the house, preparing for the next day, and taking care of yourself. I should start trying to tackle some of those to help with the mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails