Pages

Project Life Tuesday: August 22-28


Whew!  We have had one crazy, crazy week.  I knew it would be a little on the difficult side because my husband had a lot going on with work, which meant I would be doing a lot on my own with the kiddos, but the end of the week truly threw some bittersweet surprises at us.

Sunday, August 22:  Today we left Nashville to return home after celebrating my Pops' 80th birthday.  These are my boys with Pops before we went our separate ways. 


Monday, August 23:  Today I started a new project with Jayden that I learned about at Impress Your Kids.  Every week we talk about one letter, a bible verse that starts with that letter, and a craft that has to with that letter.  Jayden loved it and we had a blast doing it.  I had been feeling like I needed to be doing something educational during the days we're home, but didn't know where to start until I saw this.  It was great mommy and son time!


Tuesday, August 24:  This morning I decided to make homemade waffles for the first time with the waffle maker we got as a wedding gift 3 years ago.  Why we haven't done that yet I don't know, I guess I was intimidated by it, but the waffles were delish.  Jackson helped me stir (while occasionally dipping his hands in the batter).  :)  Sidenote: Yes, those are snowflakes on his pajamas.  They fit and they're comfy, so that's really all that matters.  :)


Wednesday, August 25:  Today was mine and my husband's 3rd wedding anniversary.  It was also a very long day for my husband with work.  He didn't get home until after 9:00 p.m., but when he did he had these roses for me.


Thursday, August 26:  Yep, so this is when the craziness began, or maybe I should say got crazier, because the week was already a little crazy.  Late Wednesday night I noticed Jayden having some trouble breathing.  By Thursday morning it was pretty intense and he obviously wasn't feeling well, so I took him to the doctor's office.  They gave him a breathing treatment, a steroid, a chest xray (the picture below), and another breathing treatment and he still wasn't doing much better.  At one point there was high concern about his xray (which absolutely scared me to death), but after an official reading it was confirmed normal.  After an afternoon nap and some time for the medicine to kick in, Jayden was acting much better, although still having some trouble breathing.  By the end of the day I felt like I had been on some kind of awful roller coaster, but above anything else I was thankful my little man was ok.


Friday, August 27:  After all the craziness on Thursday we scheduled a follow-up appointment with our pediatrician to make sure everything was ok and that we were doing everything we needed to be doing.  He confirmed that we needed to fill a prescription for a nebulizer so we could do breathing treatments from home among other things.  Later, a coworker of my husband offered us second row seats at the Rascal Flatts/Kellie Pickler concert that he no longer was going to be able to go to, so we called up a fantastic couple of friends to see if they minded watching the boys while we went.  It was a much needed break from our crazy week and a way for us to celebrate our anniversary too.  Rascal Flatts put on a great show and Kellie Pickler was adorable (especially her sparkly shoes you can see in the pic below - If I only I had somewhere to wear shoes like that...).


Saturday, August 28:  I used the picture below because today was the first day we did an at-home breathing treatment with the little man and the picture is of the nebulizer we have.  I don't know if you can tell, but the mask is a little fish.  Jayden does a fantastic job of sitting still and cooperating through the treatments.  He has been such a trooper over the last couple of days.  Later on Saturday evening we did have some friends from our church small group over for a cookout and water activities for the kids.  That would have made for a much happier project life picture, but I didn't even think to grab my camera in the midst of it.  It was a great time though.


So, that's it for me this week.  I'll be linking this up over at The Mom Creative along with others who participate in Project Life.

Have a great week!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails