Pages

Project Life Tuesday: August 8-14


Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you all had a great week last week.  If you're caught up with posts from last week, or know us personally, then you may know that our lives turned a little rough midweek.  Despite that, here are some of the pictures that have brought me smiles, and I hope they do the same for you.  


Sunday, August 8:  Sunday afternoon naps don't happen often enough for us, but when they do, they are sweet.  I decided to spend most the time the boys were napping reading and taking in the quiet (I did take a short nap afterwards though).  After Jackson woke up we went to wake Dipal and Jayden, but Jackson decided he wanted to lay down with them.  I loved the way Jayden was sleeping, like he was concentrating in his sleep.  I wish these pictures were better quality, but the only thing I could grab in time to take the pictures was my phone.

Monday, August 9:  Knowing that our family was planning on being out of town at the end of the week (My husband had a conference in St. Louis we were planning to attend), I spent Monday on a cleaning spree trying to do all the chores I would usually spread throughout the week.  I'm not sure why, but Jackson is just now developing a fear of the vacuum cleaner.  Although the fear in Jackson's face makes me sad, I thought it was so precious how Jayden rushed to his side to comfort him.

Tuesday, August 10:  This afternoon my family made me aware that my Uncle Cordell, who had been battling pancreatic cancer for a few months, was not doing well and had been taken to the hospital.  Later that night he passed away, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is in a much better place now.  However, it is a season of sadness for my family knowing my Aunt Wilma is having to adjust to days without the love of her life by her side.  Considering the circumstances, I didn't feel much like taking pictures on Tuesday, so I thought for today I would post this picture of my Uncle Cordell holding Jayden on the 4th of July back in 2008.

*I plan on posting some additional pictures as soon as I can scan them into our computer.


Wednesday, August 11:  With the news of my uncle's passing, Dipal and I decided that the boys and I would travel to Tennessee to be with our family.  Dipal wasn't able to be with us as he had responsibilities at the conference in St. Louis.  Wednesday evening we parted ways, and these were my traveling partners on our first trip without Daddy to Tennessee.  We got on the road close to bedtime, so they slept most the way while I (loudly) listened to my Hillsong and Needtobreathe radio stations on Pandora (God bless Pandora - one of the best. things. ever.). :)


Thursday, August 12:  We continued our driving through Tennessee today.  Wednesday we drove to Nashville and stayed at my dad's house, which is only about a 3 hour drive from our home.  From there I drove to my mom's, as she was going to be watching the boys while I attended my uncle's services.  On the drive there I got the idea to do something for my brother and sister who just started their new school year.  I called my mom to tell them to be ready to jump in the car with me and the boys as soon as we pulled up to the house so I could take them for a surprise.  After driving (and walking) them in circles around our hometown, we found ourselves at the Great American Cookie Co. where I had ordered a cookie cake for them saying "Happy New School Year."  Creative?  Probably not.  Delicious?  Absolutely.  Below are my brother and sister posing with their cake before we devoured ate it.  I couldn't help but include the picture to the left because it is so them. :)



Friday, August 13:  Today was the receiving of friends and funeral service, or as my Aunt Wilma called it, "Celebration of Life" for my Uncle Cordell.  Honestly, these pictures were both taken on Saturday, but represented Friday to me, so that is why I posted them here.  The picture on the left is of the beautiful view I took so for granted when I lived in Tennessee.  The picture on the right is of the flagpole that sits outside the church where we celebrated my uncle's life.  He made that flagpole complete with the cross that sits on top, which I learned in one of the many stories I heard through the evening of my uncle's love and hard work ethic.  These were truly the themes of his life and the celebration we had in remembrance of him.



Saturday, August 14:  After the interment our family had time to sit and fellowship with each other over some great and homemade southern food.  Since it is not often we all get together, we snapped some pictures.  Below is my Aunt Nina, Grandfather (whom I lovingly refer to as "Pops"), Aunt Wilma, Aunt Lois, and Aunt Mary.  My Aunt Wilma was Uncle Cordell's wife and my other aunts were his sisters.  My grandfather was his brother.



If I could just leave you with one thing that was impressed upon my heart last week through everything that happened.  In seeing the pictures and listening to the stories that were shared about my uncle, there was a resounding theme of love.  It was much more than saying "I love you," as my uncle wasn't known for telling you he loved you.  It was the actions of love.  My uncle showed the people in his life he loved them, and they knew without a doubt he loved them through those actions.  It wasn't something you talked about, it was something you just knew.  So, I would challenge each of us to live our lives in the same way.  Show love to those in your life, never let them doubt it exists.  It's good to tell them too, but our actions speak so much louder than our words.


You can see other Project Life projects here.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to read about your uncle. He sounded like one amazing man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails