Pages

Jayden - You're Almost 3!


Jayden,

Seriously, where does the time go?  I'm sure one day I'll look back at this and think that even more, but seriously... how are you almost 3 years old?  This mama is just not believing it.

I remember when my mom use to tell me 'no matter how old you get you'll always be my baby,' and now I find myself saying the same thing to you.  For now you go along with it, unless you're joking around with me and being funny, but I know one day you'll be trying to convince me of how old you are and how I should quit calling you my baby.  Thankfully, those days are not yet upon us.  However, kissing has already made it's arrival much earlier than I anticipated, but in your defense, you were "just being loving."  And, that you are.  You have an amazingly sweet spirit that melts Mommy & Daddy's hearts in an instant.  You are so caring and it shows in the way you take care of Jackson.  You're always excited to say 'Good morning' to him as soon as he wakes up, and you're great at making sure he's taken care of. 

Most the time you are very laid back.  You would be perfectly content watching a movie or sports all day as long as you had a full cup of milk to go along with it.  Oh yeah, and my hair.  It's usually requested that I sit by you so you can twirl my hair, which must be in a ponytail.  This is something you've done since you were a baby, and I really thought you would have grown out of it by now, but if I was honest, I would admit that I'm glad you haven't.

A few of your favorite things include watching sports with Daddy (specifically Tennessee and the STL Cardinals... Wonder where you get that from?), music - singing & pretending to play instruments, anything Toy Story, your football player from your Uncle "Nay Nay" that you sleep with every night, The Jungle Book movie, Super Why, and your Hello, Fredbird! and Hello, Smokey! books.  You also like to play cars with Jackson, although sometimes there is a bit of a battle over sharing.  We're working on it. :)

One of my favorite things about this stage with you is the stories you tell.  At least once a day you come up with an entertaining story.  I tried to write down details from the one you told me a couple of days ago and here's what I got:  "I was going to take a nap in my room and it was very scary and I ran to the door and I tackled myself and it was very scary.  Then there were penguins and aliens walking. Oh my!  Mom, say oh my. (Me: "Oh my!") And then Buzz Lightyear came and said 'Hi Fuva (one of the Gujarati words for uncle) and he talked to Fuva.  And then the aliens said 'Wow, wow, wow, we need to pray.'"  There were more details mixed in there, but that's all I could get written down.  You have quite the imagination!

Here are a couple of my other favorite recent quotes:
-- Me {Applying hand sanitizer to boys after leaving the library story hour}: "Mommy is putting hand sanitizer on your hands because I don't want you to catch any germs."
Jayden: "Only catch my football?"
-- Upon seeing turkeys outside this afternoon: "The turkeys are playing football!"


Although you have never seen a single TV episode or movie about Spiderman he also comes up in conversation occasionally.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with his dance moves when we saw him in NYC. And the "Wow, wow, wow we need to pray" statement you attributed to the aliens in your story above is actually what you say before almost every meal, after you've already taken your first (or second) bite of food.

I couldn't be more proud of you and the little man you're becoming, and I can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you in just a few short weeks!

Love,
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. Britt - this is so, so sweet! I love reading these letters to your boys. They will treasure these words when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya love ya!!see ya soon I love the story!ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails