Pages

Five Minute Friday: Photo Prompt


I remember being in one of my public relations classes in college when a favorite professor asked the question "Where do you see yourself in five years?"  Although I couldn't answer for sure, I envisioned myself in an exciting PR job, loving what I was doing despite the hard times that would surely come with starting my career.

Very quickly, it became evident that's not the direction my life was going to take.  Instead, on a random Thursday night just a few years later I was laughing with my favorite boys at a Harlem Globetrotters game.  I was sitting with guys that were not apart of the vision a few years ago, but now I couldn't possibly envision the future without.

And look at those smiles.  Those smiles make my heart flutter better than any job could ever hope.

*Check out other "Five Minute Friday" posts over at The Gypsy Mama.  (LOVE her idea to do this!!)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. <3
    I, too, could have never thought I'd be here. And I am.
    The smiles I see everyday are so worth any job, too.

    This 5 minutes of writing was kind of fun, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has twists and turns for us that we never can imagine ahead of time. I'm 57 and living in the very town I 'escaped' after high school graduation. I never would have guessed I'd move back in my 50's out of choice and be so content!

    Great smiles those guys of yours have!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails