Pages

Ache

Every Friday Lisa-Jo from The Gypsy Mama opens her blog space to host Five Minute Friday. She shares a topic and invites everyone to write for five minutes, and five minutes only, about that topic and then link up. Today her topic was ache and as soon as I saw it I knew I couldn't pass it up without writing. If you're interested in linking up or reading other Five Minute Friday posts you can do so here.


My mom, Aunt 'Rene, her daughter Sandra, Me, and Jayden together at Christmas.
A fun evening that I am so thankful for. Aunt 'Rene was in such great spirits this night and we shared a lot of laughs.

This morning my heart aches reminiscing of older times. Times with family filled with laughter, no thoughts of sickness or an end to our time together. I have many memories of being at my grandmother's house, squeezed in with lots of family, my grandmother and Aunt Irene, or Aunt 'Rene as we called her, sitting at the dining room table, laughing, talking, and enjoying each other's company. My Aunt 'Rene had sass and it always made me laugh and is one of the things I will miss most about her presence.

Yesterday, while on my drive down to visit my aunt, who we had been told was in her final days of battling lung cancer, I got the news that her battle was over. My heart aches because she is gone, because I didn't get to spend just a few more minutes with her, and because it's a realization that this life does in fact come to an end.

It's yet another reminder that we should embrace every moment, laugh every chance we can, love with all of our heart, and be grateful for every thing and minute we have. 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs, hugs and more hugs... Bless you!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails