Pages

Shorts + Swimsuits = Scary!

I don't know about you guys, but this warmer weather has been good for my soul. Sure, I love a little snow day here and there, but ultimately, the fact that winter decided to take a vacation year doesn't really bother me too much.

It's been great getting to take my boys out to play with their friends, giving them lots of practice on their new bikes, and breathing in the fresh air and sunshine. My mood has been more upbeat and I have no doubt it's due to the early spring.

It all just means we're that much closer to shorts and swimsuits, y'all!

Wait a second...

I am in no way ready for shorts and swimsuits.

This realization is what's led me to finally buckle back down into the world of the 17 Day Diet. I actually did this diet about a year ago and had really great results. Unfortunately, within the last few months I really lost control and started gaining all the weight back that I had lost. I've definitely learned over the last couple of years that being skinny is not something I will ever just naturally be again. I use to be one of the "lucky ones" who didn't have to work hard to keep a small figure, but those days are long gone!

So, today I start cycle 1, day 1 of the 17 Day Diet and in case you're curious about what a week in the first cycle of the diet can look like I'm including my menu plan for the week and linking it up over at orgjunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.



So here is what my dinner menu looks like for the week of 
March 26 - April 1, 2012 :

Monday: Grilled Chicken {Marinated in Italian dressing} and Asparagus
Tuesday: Taco Salad {From the 17 Day Diet book}
Wednesday: Chicken-Vegetable Soup {From 17 Day Diet book} and Salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken and Cauliflower
Saturday: Turkey Burgers {No bun for me!}, marinated veggies {bell peppers and onions}
Sunday: Dinner out

For those interested, I also like to list out ideas for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. It helps when I'm making my grocery list.

Breakfast Options:
Egg Whites and Fruit or Yogurt {Carbmaster or Greek}
Greek Egg Scramble {From 17 Day Diet book}
Spanish Omelet {From 17 Day Diet book}

Lunch Options:
Salad {Topping options include - Strawberries, Reduced Fat Feta, Balsamic Vinaigrette; or Grilled Chicken, Cucumbers, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Fat Free Cheddar, and Fat Free Italian.
Tuna and grapes
Leftovers

Snack Options:
Carbmaster Yogurt {From Kroger}
Apples {Like these Baked Apple Slices - Yummy!}
Strawberries
Grapes
Veggies

Check back in tomorrow for some more information about why I chose this diet and how I plan on being skinny by summer! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted some of your ideas on here because J is ON MY BOOTY about how he wants me to cook healthy things (or just cook at all)! Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken sounds good! I may have to get that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails