Pages

17 Day Diet Check-In {Week 1}

Hi friends! Hope you all had a great weekend!

We spent our Friday through Sunday in Chicago with family we hadn't seen in a while. {Since Thanksgiving!} It was great getting to see everyone and spend some time doing fun things we don't do so often around Southern Illinois, like trying new breakfast cafes and shopping at Ikea.

One of the hardest things about traveling for someone watching their weight can be sticking to your diet, but I think I did a pretty great job considering we were away from home. Before we left I packed things I knew would help me, like hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and my favorite chocolate snack, Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp candy bars. These candy bars aren't exactly on the 17 Day Diet plan, but on days I'm craving something chocolate I let myself indulge in a little 110 calorie piece of deliciousness.

                                                                    Source: skinnycow.com via Brittany on Pinterest


I also kept my water bottle and green tea bags with me wherever we were so I always had a little something to sip on. This might seem like a lot to keep up with, but it really only took a few minutes of preparation to majorly help me stick to my plan. Not to sound all cheesy, but I was so proud of myself as we came home Sunday night knowing that I had done really well instead of beating myself up over bad choices.

So, as of this morning, 8 days after starting the diet, I'm at 4.5 pounds of weight loss!

Woo hoo!! :)

Since this is the initial week of the diet I'm sure a lot of that is water weight, but I'm ok with that considering water weight can still make you look bloated and fatty, so anything that helps that out is a winner in my book.

In combination with the diet I've also been working on training for a 5k I hope to do at the beginning of June. Running has never been my strongpoint, but I do appreciate the benefits it offers, and I've loved the mornings I'm able to get out with my music and the pavement. I don't move fast, but every run I see myself doing a little better than the last. It's also given me a lot of practice in self-motivation. I don't think I've ever said the phrase "You've got this!" in my head as much as I have in the last 2 weeks of running!

Some things that have helped me stick to the diet this time...

Visualization - Visualizing where I want my body to be as well as things I would like to wear without worry (like a swimsuit) has really helped keep my motivation moving. Every time I start to feel the least bit negative about what I'm eating or whether or not I can keep running I think about what I'm trying to achieve. I've even thought about making some sort of vision board so I can actually look at something to keep my motivation up, but for now mental pictures have worked.

Preparation - Like I mentioned above, prepping some items to take on our trip with us really helped me stay on track. It also helps to have meals and snack ideas planned out for the week so I can get everything I need from the grocery store to keep me from cheating myself.

Transparency/Accountability - Blogging about my weight issue isn't my proudest moment, but it's real. I do it because it keeps me thinking about it and it's a place to share my struggles and my victories. (Hopefully, there are many victories to come!) It also keeps me accountable knowing I've told people I'm going to do this and I'm going to feel like a loser if I give it up. I hate disappointing others, but I'm also sick of disappointing myself.

Looking forward to next week's check-in as we'll be closer to the end of my first cycle of 17 days! Until then, here's a little "pincouragement" that I'm loving right now. (If you would like to pin the below pictures for your own motivation just click on the picture.)

                                                                             Source: tumblr.com via Brittany on Pinterest



                                                               Source: runworkeatsleep.files.wordpress.com via Brittany on Pinterest


                                                                          Source: itsfitnessbaby.com via Brittany on Pinterest

                                                                  Source: dennisselisseth.blogspot.com via Brittany on Pinterest

                                                                      Source: helpwithweightloss.org via Brittany on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! The main thing is to work out everyday, only if it is just for a small amount of time. I really enjoy cycling, and that helped me lost weight!!!! And just eat smaller portions - but you know all that... the hardest part is doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome girl!!! I need to get back on the 17 day diet (although I never really stuck with it the first time) and get serious!!! You're doing so great!! Can't wait to hear about next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your 4.5 pound loss!! That's awesome!! Loving all of your pinspiration too! Keep it up girl!! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails