Pages

Afraid {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute Friday 

How many times have I opened up this white page to write with no words making it to the screen? This desire to write, one that had been long lost for so much time, resurfaced as a new mom simply wanting to connect with her family from afar. Then, suddenly the internet boomed with mommy blogs, decorating blogs, whatever you could ever imagine blogs, and I wanted to be apart of it. Could this be the path God has laid out for me? Will this be how he uses me? But what if I'm wrong? How do I know this is my purpose? Why isn't this easier if it's what I'm called to be doing?

I'm simply afraid.

I'm afraid to invest time in something that could embarrass me. What if I fail? What if I never measure up to the others who have so diligently been writing during my years of fear? I'm so far behind now. What if I embarrass my family? Will my children think I'm crazy when they grow up and read the words I wrote during their toddler years? How can I love something so much, yet be so afraid to do it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am hearing you, I can completely relate. You have typed words that I have had on my heart. I hope you find peace in your calling. When God directs your writing and blog, I think those fears will fall away. Have a blessed weekend. Tara. Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your vulnerability. Thank you for writing. Thank you for loving your kids and far-off family enough to risk. I think there is nothing gutsier than writing. Yay, You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me think of this! http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2013/01/quit-asking-fear-for-permission/

    Go for it! I love reading what you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A turning point came for me when I stopped writing for other people and started writing for me, for God. When I let Him guide my typing fingers, even if it means a blank white screen and nothing to say. If he's calling you to write, then trust Him to meet you there. Your readers are coming to hear what you have to say, so don't be afraid to say it! You haven't missed the boat. It's like a ferry — there's a boat arriving every 10 minutes. :)

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fear is so easy to get caught up in; I feel the exact same way but with SO many things. And yet we know that true love drives out fear-- and our source of love is Christ. Praying He gives you (and me and so many others) courage to live fully and openly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in leaving a comment to our post! Please remember this is a positive and fun atmosphere for our family and friends to share, so please be respectful in all comments. Any comments seeming rude or inappropriate will be removed! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails